Revised Code of Washington - RCW Title 71 Mental Illness - Section 71.05.137 Mental health commissioners -- Authority
Legal Research Home >
§ 71.05.137. Mental health commissioners -- Authority
The judges of the superior court of the county by majority vote may authorize mental health commissioners, appointed pursuant to RCW 71.05.135, to perform any or all of the following duties:
(1) Receive all applications, petitions, and proceedings filed in the superior court for the purpose of disposing of them pursuant to this chapter;
(2) Investigate the facts upon which to base warrants, subpoenas, orders to directions in actions, or proceedings filed pursuant to this chapter;
(3) For the purpose of this chapter, exercise all powers and perform all the duties of a court commissioner appointed pursuant to RCW 2.24.010;
(4) Hold hearings in proceedings under this chapter and make written reports of all proceedings under this chapter which shall become a part of the record of superior court;
(5) Provide such supervision in connection with the exercise of its jurisdiction as may be ordered by the presiding judge; and
(6) Cause the orders and findings to be entered in the same manner as orders and findings are entered in cases in the superior court.
[1989 c 174 § 2.]
Severability -- 1989 c 174: See note following RCW 71.05.135.
Sections: 71.05.050 71.05.100 71.05.110 71.05.120 71.05.130 71.05.132 71.05.135 71.05.137 71.05.140 71.05.145 71.05.150 71.05.153 71.05.157 71.05.160 71.05.170
Last modified: April 7, 2009