Revised Code of Washington - RCW Title 90 Water Rights -- Environment - Section 90.86.020 Membership
Legal Research Home >
§ 90.86.020. Membership
The committee shall consist of four senators and four representatives who shall be selected biennially as follows:
(1) The president of the senate shall appoint four members from the senate to serve on the committee, including the chair of the committee responsible for water resource issues. Two members from each major political party must be appointed.
(2) The speaker of the house of representatives shall appoint four members from the house of representatives to serve on the committee, including the chair of the committee responsible for water resource issues. Two members from each major political party must be appointed.
(3) The committee shall elect a chair and a vice-chair. The chair shall be a member of the house of representatives in even-numbered years and a member of the senate in odd-numbered years.
(4) The presiding officer of the appropriate legislative chamber shall fill any vacancies occurring on the committee by appointment from the same political party as the departing member.
(5) Members shall serve until their successors are appointed as provided in this section, or until they are no longer members of the legislature, whichever is sooner.
[2005 c 60 § 2.]
Sections: 90.86.010 90.86.020 90.86.030 90.86.900
Last modified: April 8, 2009