Code of Alabama - Title 34: Professions and Businesses - Section 34-33-9 - Chapter imposes no limitation on power of municipality, etc., to regulate work of contractors

Section 34-33-9 - Chapter imposes no limitation on power of municipality, etc., to regulate work of contractors.

Nothing in this chapter limits the power of a municipality, county, or the state to regulate the quality and character of work performed by a fire protection sprinkler contractor I or II, through a system of permits, fees, and inspections, which are designed to assure compliance with, and aid in the implementation of, state and local building laws or to enforce other local laws for the protection of the public health and safety. Nothing in this chapter limits the power of a municipality, county, or the state to adopt any system of permits requiring submission to and approval by the municipality, county, or the state, of plans and specifications for work to be performed by a fire protection sprinkler contractor I or II before commencement of the work. If plans for a fire protection sprinkler system are required to be submitted to and approved by any municipality, county, or the state (or any departments or agencies thereof), the plans must bear the permit number of the certified fire protection sprinkler contractor or proof that the person, firm, or corporation that designed such fire protection sprinkler system is an exempt owner under Section 34-33-3. The official authorized to issue building or other related permits shall ascertain that the fire protection sprinkler contractor I or II is duly certified by requiring evidence of a valid State Fire Marshal's permit.

(Acts 1982, 2nd Ex. Sess., No. 82-774, p. 271, §9; Acts 1984, No. 84-250, p. 399, §1; Act 2017-240, §1.)

Last modified: May 3, 2021