Alaska Statutes Title 13, Chapter 13.48 - Uniform Real Property Transfer on Death Act
- Sec. 13.48.010 Transfer on Death Deed Authorized.
An individual may transfer property to one or more beneficiaries effective at the transferor's death by a transfer on death deed.
- Sec. 13.48.020 Transfer on Death Deed Revocable.
A transfer on death deed is revocable even if the deed or another instrument contains a contrary provision.
- Sec. 13.48.030 Transfer on Death Deed Nontestamentary.
A transfer on death deed is nontestamentary.
- Sec. 13.48.040 Capacity of Transferor.
The capacity required to make or revoke a transfer on death deed is the same as the capacity required to make a will.
- Sec. 13.48.045 When Certain Deeds Void; Challenges to Deed.
(a) A transfer on death deed or an instrument revoking a transfer on death deed is void if it is obtained by fraud, duress,...
- Sec. 13.48.050 Requirements.
A transfer on death deed(1) except as otherwise provided in (2) and (3) of this section, must contain the essential elements and formalities of...
- Sec. 13.48.060 Notice, Delivery, Acceptance, Consideration Not Required.
A transfer on death deed is effective without(1) notice or delivery to, or acceptance by, the designated beneficiary during the transferor's life; or(2) consideration.
- Sec. 13.48.070 Revocation by Instrument Authorized; Revocation by Act Not Permitted.
(a) Subject to (b) of this section, an instrument is effective to revoke a recorded transfer on death deed, or any part of it,...
- Sec. 13.48.080 Effect of Transfer on Death Deed During Transferor's Life.
During a transferor's life, a transfer on death deed does not(1) affect an interest or right of the transferor or any other owner, including...
- Sec. 13.48.090 Effect of Transfer on Death Deed At Transferor's Death.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in the transfer on death deed, in this section, or in AS 13.12.203 , 13.12.702, 13.12.803, or 13.12.804, on...
- Sec. 13.48.100 Disclaimer.
A beneficiary may disclaim all or part of the beneficiary's interest as provided by AS 13.70 (Uniform Disclaimer of Property Interests Act).
- Sec. 13.48.110 Liability for Creditor Claims and Statutory Allowances.
(a) To the extent the transferor's probate estate is insufficient to satisfy an allowed claim against the estate, the costs of administration of the...
- Sec. 13.48.120 Optional Form of Transfer on Death Deed.
The following form may be used to create a transfer on death deed. The provisions of this chapter govern the effect of this or...
- Sec. 13.48.130 Optional Form of Revocation.
The following form may be used to create an instrument of revocation under this chapter. The provisions of this chapter govern the effect of...
- Sec. 13.48.140 Nonexclusivity.
The provisions of this chapter do not affect any method of transferring property otherwise permitted under the law of this state.
- Sec. 13.48.150 Uniformity of Application and Construction.
In applying and construing this uniform act, consideration shall be given to the need to promote uniformity of the law with respect to its...
- Sec. 13.48.160 Relationship to Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.
The provisions of this chapter modify, limit, and supersede 15 U.S.C. 7001 - 7031 (Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act), but do...
- Sec. 13.48.190 Definitions.
In this chapter,(1) "beneficiary" means a person who receives property under a transfer on death deed;(2) "designated beneficiary" means a person designated to receive...
- Sec. 13.48.195 Short Title.
This chapter may be cited as the Uniform Real Property Transfer on Death Act.
Last modified: November 15, 2016