Alaska Statutes Title 41, Chapter 41.10 - Soil and Water Conservation
- Sec. 41.10.010 Declaration of Policy.
The farm, forest, and grazing land of the state is a basic asset of the state. It is the policy of this chapter, in...
- Sec. 41.10.020 Creation and Boundaries of Soil Conservation District. [Repealed, Sec. 14, Ch 69 Sla 1983].
Repealed or Renumbered
- Sec. 41.10.030 Purpose of Chapter.
The purpose of this chapter is to provide for the orderly development of land, for guiding settlement, and for conserving soil and water and...
- Sec. 41.10.040 Natural Resource Conservation and Development Board.
The Alaska Natural Resource Conservation and Development Board is composed of five members. The commissioner or, in the absence of the commissioner, the director...
- Sec. 41.10.045 Executive Director.
The commissioner shall appoint an executive director and clerical staff to assist the board.
- Sec. 41.10.050 Appointment.
The governor shall appoint members of the board subject to confirmation by a majority of the members of the legislature in joint session.
- Sec. 41.10.060 Qualifications of Board Members.
Members of the board shall be resident bona fide users of land selected from the five major land areas of the state.
- Sec. 41.10.065 Major Land Areas of the State.
The five major land areas of the state are:(1) the Arctic and northwest Alaska;(2) the Yukon and Tanana Valleys;(3) southwest Alaska and the Kenai...
- Sec. 41.10.070 Term of Office.
The term of office of members is three years.
- Sec. 41.10.075 Board Meetings.
The board shall hold one regular meeting annually at the state capital and one or more additional meetings at a time and place in...
- Sec. 41.10.080 Vacancies.
The governor shall fill vacancies by appointment for the unexpired term.
- Sec. 41.10.090 Compensation and Per Diem.
Members receive no salary but receive the same per diem and travel expenses authorized for members of state boards.
- Sec. 41.10.100 Duties of Board.
(a) At the request of the commissioner, the board shall meet and advise the commissioner in the exercise of the powers, duties, and functions...
- Sec. 41.10.110 Powers of Commissioner.
The commissioner has the power to(1) conduct land capability surveys and investigations of potential agricultural areas and of soil conservation and erosion control, including...
- Sec. 41.10.120 Approval of Land User.
A survey, investigation or plan for land may not be undertaken by the commissioner and measures for soil conservation and erosion control may not...
- Sec. 41.10.130 Creation and Boundaries of Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
(a) The commissioner may, on the recommendation of the board, create soil and water conservation districts in the state upon petition signed by 25...
- Sec. 41.10.140 Definitions.
In this chapter,(1) "board" means the Alaska Natural Resource Conservation and Development Board;(2) "land user" or "user of land" means a person who(A) is...
- Sec. 41.10.150 Short Title. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 69 Sla 1983].
Repealed or Renumbered
Last modified: November 15, 2016