Alaska Statutes Title 44, Chapter 44.09 - State Seal, Flag, and Emblems
- Sec. 44.09.010 State Seal.
The official seal of the State of Alaska is comprised of two concentric circles between which appear the words "The Seal of the State...
- Sec. 44.09.015 Use of Seal Without Permission Prohibited.
(a) A person may not use or make a die or impression of the state seal for any advertising or commercial purpose, unless written...
- Sec. 44.09.017 Commemorative Gold and Silver Medallions.
(a) The Department of Administration shall contract or otherwise arrange for the minting and sale of Alaska commemorative medallions minted only from .999 fine...
- Sec. 44.09.020 State Flag.
The design of the official flag is eight gold stars in a field of blue, so selected for its simplicity, its originality, and its...
- Sec. 44.09.030 Display of Flags.
(a) The official flag of the state shall be displayed with the flag of the United States only from sunrise to sunset, or between...
- Sec. 44.09.032 Folding and Presenting the State Flag.
(a) When folding the state flag, the following procedure shall be followed, whenever possible:(1) hold the flag waist-high with another person, so that the...
- Sec. 44.09.034 Retirement of the State Flag.
An official flag of the state that is no longer a fitting emblem for display because it is worn, tattered, or otherwise damaged may...
- Sec. 44.09.040 State Song.
The song "Alaska's Flag," with music composed by Elinor Dusenbury and words by Marie Drake, is the official song of the state. The words...
- Sec. 44.09.045 State Motto.
The official motto of the State of Alaska is: North to the Future.
- Sec. 44.09.050 State Flower.
The wild native forget-me-not is the state flower and floral emblem.
- Sec. 44.09.060 State Bird.
The Alaska Willow Ptarmigan (Lagopus lagopus alascensis Swarth) is the official bird of the state.
- Sec. 44.09.070 State Tree.
The Sitka spruce (picea sitchenensis), which is recognized as the most valuable tree species in Alaska and which is found in both national forests...
- Sec. 44.09.075 State Marine Mammal.
The bowhead whale is the state marine mammal.
- Sec. 44.09.078 State Land Mammal.
The moose (Alces alces) is the state land mammal.
- Sec. 44.09.080 State Fish.
The king salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) is the official fish of the state.
- Sec. 44.09.085 State Sport.
Dog mushing is the official sport of Alaska.
- Sec. 44.09.090 State Medal for Heroism.
(a) The governor is authorized to award a state medal for heroism directly or posthumously to any citizen of the state in recognition of...
- Sec. 44.09.100 State Gem.
Jade is the official state gem.
- Sec. 44.09.110 State Mineral.
Gold is the official state mineral.
- Sec. 44.09.120 State Fossil.
The woolly mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius) is the official state fossil.
- Sec. 44.09.130 State Insect.
The four spot skimmer dragonfly is the official state insect.
- Sec. 44.09.140 State Dog.
The Alaskan Malamute is the official state dog.
- Sec. 44.09.150 State Bolt-Action Rifle.
The pre-1964 Winchester Model 70 bolt-action rifle in the following calibers is the official state bolt-action rifle: .22 Hornet, .220 Swift, .243 Winchester, .250-3000...
Last modified: November 15, 2016