3-601.01. Product standards; rules
A. The federal definitions and standards of identity for the following, which are adopted pursuant to the federal food, drug and cosmetic act, as amended (52 Stat. 1040; 21 United States Code section 301 et seq.) and in effect on July 1, 1989, are the standards of identity for all such products in this state:
1. Milk and cream (title 21 Code of Federal Regulations part 131).
2. Cheeses and related cheese products (title 21 Code of Federal Regulations part 133).
3. Frozen desserts (title 21 Code of Federal Regulations part 135).
4. Lactose (title 21 Code of Federal Regulations section 168.122).
5. Whey (title 21 Code of Federal Regulations section 184.1979).
6. Reduced lactose whey (title 21 Code of Federal Regulations section 184.1979a).
7. Reduced minerals whey (title 21 United States Code section 184.1979b).
8. Whey protein concentrate (title 21 United States Code section 184.1979c).
B. Any product listed in subsection A that is sold in this state and that conforms to the definitions and standards that are adopted pursuant to the federal act in effect on July 1, 1989 is deemed to comply with subsection A of this section.
C. The associate director may recommend to the director for adoption a rule to designate any other food product as a manufactured milk product and subject to regulation as a manufactured milk product if the food product is prepared or manufactured in whole or in part from any products listed in section 3-601, paragraph 10.Section: Previous 3-589 3-590 3-591 3-592 3-593 3-594 3-601 3-601.01 3-603 3-604 3-605 3-606 3-607 3-608 3-609 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016