44-1444. Certificate of registration; admissibility as evidence
A. Upon compliance by the applicant with the requirements of this article, the secretary of state shall cause a certificate of registration to be issued and delivered to the applicant. The certificate shall be issued under the signature of the secretary of state and the seal of the state, and it shall show:
1. The name and business address and, if a corporation, the state of incorporation, of the person claiming ownership of the mark.
2. The date claimed for the first use of the mark anywhere and the date claimed for the first use of the mark in this state.
3. The class of goods or services and a description of the goods or services on which the mark is used.
4. A reproduction of the mark.
5. The registration date and the term of the registration.
B. A certificate of registration issued by the secretary of state under the provisions of this article or a copy thereof duly certified by the secretary of state shall be admissible in evidence as competent and sufficient proof of the registration of such mark in any action or judicial proceedings in any court of competent jurisdiction in this state.Section: Previous 44-1414 44-1415 44-1416 44-1441 44-1442 44-1443 44-1443.01 44-1444 44-1445 44-1446 44-1447 44-1448 44-1448.01 44-1449 44-1450 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016