44-1921. Denial of registration by qualification
Except as provided in section 44-1901, the commission may enter an order denying the registration of any securities to be registered by qualification, if, after a hearing or notice and opportunity for hearing as provided by article 11 of this chapter, it finds that:
1. The application for registration, prospectus, any financial statement, or any document or exhibit filed with the application, or any amendment or supplement thereto, is incomplete, inaccurate or misleading, or the information contained therein is insufficient for a true appraisal of the securities.
2. The issuer or any dealer or salesman designated to engage in the sale of the securities has violated any provision of this chapter, or any rule or order of the commission thereunder.
3. The sale of the securities works or would tend to work a fraud or deceit upon the purchasers thereof, or is or would be unfair or inequitable to the purchasers.
4. The issuer is insolvent, or is in an unsound financial condition.
5. The issuer has refused to permit the commission to examine its affairs, or has failed or refused to furnish information required by this chapter, or any rule or order of the commission thereunder.
6. The issuer, any officer or director of the issuer, if a corporation or unincorporated association, any trustee or other fiduciary of the issuer, if a trust, any partner of the issuer, if a partnership, or any person controlling, controlled by or under common control with the issuer:
(a) Has been convicted within five years preceding the filing of the application for registration of securities, or at any time thereafter, of a felony or misdemeanor involving a transaction in securities, or of which fraud is an essential element.
(b) Is subject to an order, judgment or decree of an administrative tribunal, a court of competent jurisdiction, an SRO or the SEC that is entered within three years preceding the date of filing the application or any time thereafter, and that enjoins or restrains the person from engaging in or continuing any conduct or practice in connection with the sale or purchase of securities.Section: Previous 44-1896 44-1897 44-1898 44-1899 44-1900 44-1901 44-1902 44-1921 44-1922 44-1923 44-1924 44-1941 44-1942 44-1943 44-1944 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016