5-105.01. Injury reports and records
A. No later than ten days following the end of each month, the department shall obtain and make available to the public a list of all racing-related injuries and deaths to the animals reported to the track veterinarian.
B. The department shall obtain and maintain records regarding the injuries incurred by dogs that were used for or in connection with dog racing, including injuries incurred in schooling races.
C. Injury forms for dogs must be completed and signed by the track veterinarian, whose signature must be witnessed by a designated representative of the department. All injury forms for dogs must specify the following:
1. The dog's name.
2. The left and right ear tattoo numbers of the dog.
3. The number of the microchip, if any, that is implanted in the dog.
4. The manufacturer of the microchip, if any, that is implanted in the dog.
5. The name of the owner of the dog.
6. The name of the trainer of the dog.
7. The name of the dog's kennel operator.
8. The color, weight and gender of the dog.
9. A description of where the injury occurred and, if the injury occurred while the dog was racing, the following information:
(a) The racetrack where the injury occurred.
(b) The distance, grade, race and post position when the injury occurred.
(c) The weather conditions, time, temperature and track conditions when the injury occurred.
10. The specific type of injury.
11. The cause of the injury.
12. The location of the injury on the dog.
13. The estimated recovery time for the injury.Section: Previous 5-102 5-103 5-103.01 5-104 5-104.01 5-104.02 5-105 5-105.01 5-106 5-107 5-107.01 5-107.02 5-107.03 5-108 5-108.01 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016