5-556. Powers and duties of director
In addition to other powers and duties prescribed in this chapter, the director shall:
1. Supervise and administer the operation of the lottery in accordance with this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter, subject to the continuous duty to take into account the particularly sensitive and responsible nature of the commission's functions.
2. Enforce this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter. The director shall accept allegations of any violations of the laws of this state or rules pertaining to the conduct of the lottery.
3. Pursuant to this chapter and the rules adopted by the commission, license as agents to sell lottery tickets such persons as will best serve the public convenience and promote the sale of tickets or shares.
4. Subject to title 41, chapter 4, article 4, hire such professional, clerical, technical and administrative personnel as may be necessary to carry out this chapter. The director shall conduct background checks of prospective employees, and, in all employment decisions, shall take into account the particularly sensitive and responsible nature of the operation of the state lottery.
5. Act as secretary and executive officer of the commission.
6. Confer regularly as necessary or desirable and not less than once every quarter with the commission on the operation and administration of the lottery.
7. Make available for inspection by the commission, upon request, all books, records, files and other information and documents of the commission.
8. Advise the commission and recommend matters as are necessary and advisable to improve the operation and administration of the lottery.
9. Suspend or revoke any license issued pursuant to this chapter or the rules adopted pursuant to this chapter, subject to appeal to the commission.
10. Within thirty days after receiving an allegation of a violation of the laws of this state or rules pertaining to the conduct of the lottery by a licensed agent and evidence substantiating the allegation, determine whether the agent has violated the rules or if a criminal investigation is warranted.Section: Previous 5-542 5-543 5-551 5-552 5-553 5-554 5-555 5-556 5-557 5-558 5-559 5-560 5-561 5-562 5-562.01 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016