5-813. Disadvantaged business enterprise participation goals; contractor employment requirements
A. Notwithstanding any other law, the authority shall:
1. Establish disadvantaged business enterprise participation goals for the design, engineering and construction of the multipurpose facility under section 5-807 based on the availability of ready, willing and able disadvantaged business enterprises compared to the general population of consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors, suppliers and service providers.
2. Establish procedures for meeting these goals, including compiling a registry of disadvantaged business enterprises that are certified by a local, county or state agency.
3. Require monthly reports by the project coordinator regarding compliance with the goals.
4. Monitor compliance with this section through intergovernmental agreements with a state or county disadvantaged business enterprise program monitor or a contract with an independent organization that is experienced in monitoring disadvantaged business enterprise programs.
5. Impose sanctions if, based on recommendations of the monitoring organization, the authority determines that a good faith effort was not made to comply with the established procedures.
B. The authority shall provide that any contract with respect to the design, engineering and construction of the multipurpose facility under section 5-807 shall require each prime contractor and major subcontractors to provide health insurance to the contractor's employees and dependents of the contractor's employees, except for those employees who work less than one hundred twenty days in a calendar year.
C. The executive director, the project coordinator and all persons who enter into contracts, agreements or understandings related to the construction and operation of the multipurpose facility shall comply with the procedures established pursuant to this section.Section: Previous 5-806 5-807 5-808 5-809 5-810 5-811 5-812 5-813 5-814 5-815 5-831 5-832 5-833 5-834 5-835 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016