6-123. Superintendent; powers
In addition to the other powers, express or implied, the superintendent may:
1. Exercise all powers that are necessary for the administration and enforcement of the laws and rules relating to financial institutions and enterprises.
2. In accordance with title 41, chapter 6, adopt rules that are necessary or appropriate to administer, enforce and accomplish the purposes of this title and adopt rules and issue orders that limit transactions between financial institutions or enterprises and the directors, officers or employees of the financial institutions or enterprises.
3. Require appropriate records, documents, information and reports from any financial institution or enterprise.
4. Submit to the department of public safety, or the nationwide mortgage licensing system and registry established by the secure and fair enforcement for mortgage licensing act of 2008 (P.L. 110-289; 122 Stat. 2810; 12 United States Code sections 5101 through 5116) or its successor, the name and fingerprints of any applicant, licensee, active manager or responsible individual or the name and fingerprints of any organizer, director or officer of any corporate applicant or licensee for:
(a) A banking permit.
(b) Permission to organize a savings and loan association or credit union.
(c) Any license.
(d) Any certificate.
(e) Authority to engage in interstate banking and branching in this state.
The department of public safety shall report the criminal record, if any, of such applicant, licensee or organizer, director or officer of such corporate applicant or licensee within ninety days of receipt of the request of the superintendent.
5. Employ appraisers to appraise any property that is owned or held as security by any financial institution or enterprise. The reasonable expenses and compensation of such appraisers shall be paid by the financial institution or enterprise.
6. Hold membership in, pay dues to and attend the convention of the national and regional organizations of state officials occupying like offices or performing similar functions.
7. Cooperate with other regulatory agencies and professional associations to promote the efficient, safe and sound operation and regulation of interstate banking and branching activities, including the formulation of interstate examination policies and procedures and the drafting of model rules and agreements.
8. Participate in the nationwide mortgage licensing system and registry established by the secure and fair enforcement for mortgage licensing act of 2008 (P.L. 110-289; 122 Stat. 2810; 12 United States Code sections 5101 through 5116) or its successor. The superintendent may allow the system to collect licensing fees on behalf of the superintendent, to collect a processing fee for the services of the system directly from each applicant for a license or licensee and to process and maintain records on behalf of the superintendent, including information collected pursuant to this section and section 6-123.01. This paragraph does not affect the records disclosure requirements and limitations prescribed in section 6-129.01.Section: Previous 6-112 6-113 6-114 6-115 6-116 6-121 6-122 6-123 6-123.01 6-124 6-125 6-126 6-127 6-128 6-129 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016