Arkansas Code § 13-8-102 - Definitions

As used in this subchapter:

(1) "Agency" means the Arkansas Arts Council established in this subchapter. The agency shall include the advisory council and the position of executive director as established in this subchapter;

(2) "Arts" includes, but is not limited to:

(A) Instrumental and vocal music;

(B) Dance;

(C) Drama;

(D) Painting;

(E) Sculpture;

(F) Creative writing;

(G) Architectural and allied fields;

(H) Graphics;

(I) Folk art;

(J) Porcelain art;

(K) China painting;

(L) Craft art;

(M) Industrial design;

(N) Costume and fashion design;

(O) Motion pictures;

(P) Television;

(Q) Radio;

(R) Tape and sound recordings; and

(S) The arts related to the presentation, performance, execution, and exhibition of such major art forms;

(3) "Group" includes any state or other public agency and any nonprofit society, institution, organization, association, museum, or establishment in Arkansas, whether or not incorporated;

(4) "Office" means the Arkansas Arts Council established in this subchapter. The office shall include the advisory council and the position of executive director as established in this subchapter;

(5) "Production" means:

(A) A play, with or without music;

(B) A ballet;

(C) A dance or choral performance;

(D) A concert;

(E) A recital;

(F) An opera;

(G) An exhibition;

(H) A reading;

(I) A motion picture;

(J) Television;

(K) Radio;

(L) A tape or sound recording; and

(M) Any other activity involving the execution or rendition of the arts and meeting any standards approved by the agency; and

(6) "Project" means:

(A) A program organized to carry out the purposes of this subchapter, including a program:

(i) To foster artistic creativity;

(ii) To commission works of art;

(iii) To create opportunities for individuals to develop artistic talents when carried on as a part of a program otherwise included in this definition; and

(iv) To develop and enhance public knowledge and understanding of the arts and humanities; and

(B) "Project" also includes, when appropriate:

(i) The rental, purchase, renovation, or construction of a facility;

(ii) The purchase or rental of land; and

(iii) The acquisition of equipment, supplies, materials, and other personal property.

Section: 13-8-102  13-8-103  13-8-104  13-8-105  13-8-106    Next

Last modified: November 15, 2016