California Business and Professions Code Section 23358
23358. (a) Licensed winegrowers, notwithstanding any other provisions of this division, may also exercise the following privileges:
(1) Sell wine and brandy to any person holding a license authorizing the sale of wine or brandy.
(2) Sell wine and brandy to consumers for consumption off the premises where sold.
(3) Sell wine to consumers for consumption on the premises.
(4) Sell all beers, wines, and brandies, regardless of source, to consumers for consumption on the premises in a bona fide eating place as defined in Section 23038 of this code, which is located on the licensed premises or on premises owned by the licensee that are contiguous to the licensed premises and which is operated by and for the licensee. At such bona fide public eating place beer, wine, and brandy may be used in the preparation of food and beverages to be consumed on the premises.
(5) Produce spirits of wine and blend those spirits of wine into wine produced by the winegrower or sell those spirits of wine to an industrial alcohol dealer.
(b) A winegrower may also have upon the premises all beers, wines, and brandies, regardless of source, for sale or service only to guests during private events or private functions not open to the general public. Alcoholic beverage products sold at the premises that are not produced and bottled by, or produced and packaged for, the winegrower shall be purchased by the winegrower only from a licensed wholesaler.
(c) A winegrower shall actually produce on his or her licensed premises by conversion of grapes, berries, or other fruit, into wine, not less than 50 percent of all wines sold to consumers on his or her licensed premise or premises and any licensed branch premise or premises.
(d) The department may, if it shall determine for good cause that the granting of any such privilege would be contrary to public welfare or morals, deny the right to exercise any on-sale privilege authorized by this section in either a bona fide eating place the main entrance to which is within 200 feet of a school or church, or on the licensed winery premises, or both.
(e) Nothing in this section or in Section 23390 is intended to alter, diminish, replace, or eliminate the authority of a county, city, or city and county from exercising land use regulatory authority by law to the extent the authority may restrict, but not eliminate, privileges afforded by these sections.
(Amended by Stats. 2010, Ch. 129, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2011.)Section: Previous 23356.8 23356.9 23357 23357.1 23357.2 23357.3 23357.4 23358 23358.2 23358.3 23359 23360 23361 23362 23363 Next
Last modified: September 9, 2016