California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1297.318
Legal Research Home >
California Laws > Code of Civil Procedure > California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1297.318
1297.318. (a) Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the costs of
an arbitration shall be at the discretion of the arbitral tribunal.
(b) In making an order for costs, the arbitral tribunal may
include as costs any of the following:
(1) The fees and expenses of the arbitrators and expert witnesses.
(2) Legal fees and expenses.
(3) Any administration fees of the institution supervising the
arbitration, if any.
(4) Any other expenses incurred in connection with the arbitral
(c) In making an order for costs, the arbitral tribunal may
specify any of the following:
(1) The party entitled to costs.
(2) The party who shall pay the costs.
(3) The amount of costs or method of determining that amount.
(4) The manner in which the costs shall be paid.
Last modified: March 17, 2014