Chapter 1. Trial Jury Selection and Management Act - California Code of Civil Procedure Section 203
Legal Research Home >
California Laws > Code of Civil Procedure > Chapter 1. Trial Jury Selection and Management Act - California Code of Civil Procedure Section 203
203. (a) All persons are eligible and qualified to be prospective
trial jurors, except the following:
(1) Persons who are not citizens of the United States.
(2) Persons who are less than 18 years of age.
(3) Persons who are not domiciliaries of the State of California,
as determined pursuant to Article 2 (commencing with Section 2020) of
Chapter 1 of Division 2 of the Elections Code.
(4) Persons who are not residents of the jurisdiction wherein they
are summoned to serve.
(5) Persons who have been convicted of malfeasance in office or a
felony, and whose civil rights have not been restored.
(6) Persons who are not possessed of sufficient knowledge of the
English language, provided that no person shall be deemed incompetent
solely because of the loss of sight or hearing in any degree or
other disability which impedes the person's ability to communicate or
which impairs or interferes with the person's mobility.
(7) Persons who are serving as grand or trial jurors in any court
of this state.
(8) Persons who are the subject of conservatorship.
(b) No person shall be excluded from eligibility for jury service
in the State of California, for any reason other than those reasons
provided by this section.
Last modified: February 16, 2015