Chapter 1. Attorneys and Counselors At Law - California Code of Civil Procedure Section 285.1

285.1.  An attorney of record for any party in any civil action or
proceeding for dissolution of marriage, legal separation, or for a
declaration of void or voidable marriage, or for the support,
maintenance or custody of minor children may withdraw at any time
subsequent to the time when any judgment in such action or
proceeding, other than an interlocutory judgment, becomes final, and
prior to service upon him of pleadings or motion papers in any
proceeding then pending in said cause, by filing a notice of
withdrawal. Such notice shall state (a) date of entry of final decree
or judgment, (b) the last known address of such party, (c) that such
attorney withdraws as attorney for such party. A copy of such notice
shall be mailed to such party at his last known address and shall be
served upon the adverse party.

Section: Previous  283  284  285  285.1  285.2  285.3  285.4  286  Next

Last modified: February 16, 2015