California Code of Civil Procedure Section 685.050
685.050. (a) If a writ is issued pursuant to this title to enforce a judgment, the costs and interest to be satisfied in a levy under the writ are the following:
(1) The statutory fee for issuance of the writ.
(2) The amount of interest that has accrued from the date of entry or renewal of the judgment to the date of issuance of the writ, as adjusted for partial satisfactions, if the judgment creditor has filed an affidavit with the court clerk stating such amount.
(3) The amount of interest that accrues on the principal amount of the judgment remaining unsatisfied from the date of issuance of the writ until the date interest ceases to accrue.
(4) The levying officer s statutory costs for performing the duties under the writ.
(b) In a levy under the writ, the levying officer shall do all of the following:
(1) Collect the amount of costs and interest entered on the writ pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (a).
(2) Compute and collect the amount of additional interest required to be collected by paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) by reference to the daily interest entered on the writ. If amounts collected periodically do not fully satisfy the money judgment, the levying officer shall adjust the amount of daily interest to reflect the partial satisfactions, and make later collections by reference to the adjusted amount of daily interest.
(3) Determine and collect the amount of additional costs pursuant to paragraph (4) of subdivision (a).
(Amended by Stats. 2010, Ch. 4, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2011.)Section: Previous 685.010 685.020 685.030 685.040 685.050 685.070 685.080 685.090 685.095 685.100 685.110 Next
Last modified: September 9, 2016