704.850. (a) The levying officer shall distribute the proceeds of sale of a homestead in the following order:
(1) To the discharge of all liens and encumbrances, if any, on the property.
(2) To the judgment debtor in the amount of any applicable exemption of proceeds pursuant to Section 704.720.
(3) To the levying officer for the reimbursement of the levying officer s costs for which an advance has not been made.
(4) To the judgment creditor to satisfy the following:
(A) First, costs and interest accruing after issuance of the writ pursuant to which the sale is conducted.
(B) Second, the amount due on the judgment with costs and interest, as entered on the writ.
(5) To the judgment debtor in the amount remaining.
(b) Sections 701.820 and 701.830 apply to distribution of proceeds under this section.
(Added by Stats. 1982, Ch. 1364, Sec. 2. Operative July 1, 1983, by Sec. 3 of Ch. 1364.)Section: Previous 704.720 704.730 704.740 704.750 704.760 704.770 704.780 704.790 704.800 704.810 704.820 704.830 704.840 704.850
Last modified: September 9, 2016