California Code of Civil Procedure Section 706.050
Legal Research Home >
California Laws > Code of Civil Procedure > California Code of Civil Procedure Section 706.050
706.050. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the
maximum amount of disposable earnings of an individual judgment
debtor for any workweek that is subject to levy under an earnings
withholding order shall not exceed the lesser of the following:
(1) Twenty-five percent of the individual's disposable earnings
for that week.
(2) The amount by which the individual's disposable earnings for
that week exceed 40 times the state minimum hourly wage in effect at
the time the earnings are payable.
(b) For any pay period other than weekly, the following
multipliers shall be used to determine the maximum amount of
disposable earnings subject to levy under an earnings withholding
order that is proportional in effect to the calculation described in
paragraph (2) of subdivision (a), except as specified in paragraph
(1) For a daily pay period, the amounts shall be identical to the
amounts described in subdivision (a).
(2) For a biweekly pay period, multiply the state hourly minimum
wage by 80 work hours.
(3) For a semimonthly pay period, multiply the state hourly
minimum wage by 86 2/3 work hours.
(4) For a monthly pay period, multiply the state hourly minimum
wage by 173 1/3 work hours.
Speak with a Lawyer in California
Last modified: March 17, 2014