California Code of Civil Procedure Section 706.050
706.050. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the maximum amount of disposable earnings of an individual judgment debtor for any workweek that is subject to levy under an earnings withholding order shall not exceed the lesser of the following:
(1) Twenty-five percent of the individual s disposable earnings for that week.
(2) The amount by which the individual s disposable earnings for that week exceed 40 times the state minimum hourly wage in effect at the time the earnings are payable.
(b) For any pay period other than weekly, the following multipliers shall be used to determine the maximum amount of disposable earnings subject to levy under an earnings withholding order that is proportional in effect to the calculation described in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a), except as specified in paragraph (1):
(1) For a daily pay period, the amounts shall be identical to the amounts described in subdivision (a).
(2) For a biweekly pay period, multiply the state hourly minimum wage by 80 work hours.
(3) For a semimonthly pay period, multiply the state hourly minimum wage by 862/3 work hours.
(4) For a monthly pay period, multiply the state hourly minimum wage by 1731/3 work hours.
(c) This section shall become inoperative on July 1, 2016, and, as of January 1, 2017, is repealed, unless a later enacted statute, that becomes operative on or before January 1, 2017, deletes or extends the dates on which it becomes inoperative and is repealed.
(Amended by Stats. 2015, Ch. 800, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2016. Inoperative July 1, 2016. Repealed as of January 1, 2017, by its own provisions. See later operative version added by Sec. 2 of Stats. 2015, Ch. 800.)Section: 706.050 706.050.a 706.051 706.052 Next
Last modified: September 9, 2016