916. (a) The presiding officer, on his own motion or on the motion of any party, shall exclude information that is subject to a claim of privilege under this division if:
(1) The person from whom the information is sought is not a person authorized to claim the privilege; and
(2) There is no party to the proceeding who is a person authorized to claim the privilege.
(b) The presiding officer may not exclude information under this section if:
(1) He is otherwise instructed by a person authorized to permit disclosure; or
(2) The proponent of the evidence establishes that there is no person authorized to claim the privilege in existence.
(Enacted by Stats. 1965, Ch. 299.)Section: Previous 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 Next
Last modified: September 9, 2016