California Government Code Section 56653
56653. (a) If a proposal for a change of organization or reorganization is submitted pursuant to this part, the applicant shall submit a plan for providing services within the affected territory.
(b) The plan for providing services shall include all of the following information and any additional information required by the commission or the executive officer:
(1) An enumeration and description of the services to be extended to the affected territory.
(2) The level and range of those services.
(3) An indication of when those services can feasibly be extended to the affected territory.
(4) An indication of any improvement or upgrading of structures, roads, sewer or water facilities, or other conditions the local agency would impose or require within the affected territory if the change of organization or reorganization is completed.
(5) Information with respect to how those services will be financed.
(c) (1) In the case of a change of organization or reorganization initiated by a local agency that includes a disadvantaged, unincorporated community as defined in Section 56033.5, a local agency may include in its resolution of application for change of organization or reorganization an annexation development plan adopted pursuant to Section 99.3 of the Revenue and Taxation Code to improve or upgrade structures, roads, sewer or water facilities, or other infrastructure to serve the disadvantaged, unincorporated community through the formation of a special district or reorganization of one or more existing special districts with the consent of each special district s governing body.
(2) The annexation development plan submitted pursuant to this subdivision shall include information that demonstrates that the formation or reorganization of the special district will provide all of the following:
(A) The necessary financial resources to improve or upgrade structures, roads, sewer, or water facilities or other infrastructure. The annexation development plan shall also clarify the local entity that shall be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of the services identified in the application.
(B) An estimated timeframe for constructing and delivering the services identified in the application.
(C) The governance, oversight, and long-term maintenance of the services identified in the application after the initial costs are recouped and the tax increment financing terminates.
(3) If a local agency includes an annexation development plan pursuant to this subdivision, a local agency formation commission may approve the proposal for a change of organization or reorganization to include the formation of a special district or reorganization of a special district with the special district s consent, including, but not limited to, a community services district, municipal water district, or sanitary district, to provide financing to improve or upgrade structures, roads, sewer or water facilities, or other infrastructure to serve the disadvantaged, unincorporated community, in conformity with the requirements of the principal act of the district proposed to be formed and all required formation proceedings.
(4) Pursuant to Section 56881, the commission shall include in its resolution making determinations a description of the annexation development plan, including, but not limited to, an explanation of the proposed financing mechanism adopted pursuant to Section 99.3 of the Revenue and Taxation Code, including, but not limited to, any planned debt issuance associated with that annexation development plan.
(d) This section shall not preclude a local agency formation commission from considering any other options or exercising its powers under Section 56375.
(e) This section shall remain in effect only until January 1, 2025, and as of that date is repealed.
(Amended by Stats. 2014, Ch. 784, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2015. Repealed as of January 1, 2025, by its own provisions. See later operative version added by Sec. 3 of Stats. 2014, Ch. 784.)Section: Previous 56650 56651 56652 56653 56653.a 56653.1 56654 56655 56657 56658 56660 56661 56662 56663 56664 Next
Last modified: September 9, 2016