CHAPTER 7 - Holidays | Califonrnia Government Code - GOV | Section 6700.
6700. (a) The holidays in this state are:
(1) Every Sunday.
(2) January 1st.
(3) The third Monday in January, known as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
(4) February 12th, known as Lincoln Day.
(5) The third Monday in February.
(6) March 31st, known as Cesar Chavez Day.
(7) The last Monday in May.
(8) July 4th.
(9) The first Monday in September.
(10) September 9th, known as Admission Day.
(11) The fourth Friday in September, known as Native American Day.
(12) The second Monday in October, known as Columbus Day.
(13) November 11th, known as Veterans Day.
(14) December 25th.
(15) Good Friday from 12 noon until 3 p.m.
(16) (A) Every day appointed by the President or Governor for a public fast, thanksgiving, or holiday.
(B) Except for the Thursday in November appointed as Thanksgiving Day, this paragraph and paragraphs (3) and (6) shall not apply to a city, county, or district unless made applicable by charter, or by ordinance or resolution of the governing body thereof.
(b) If the provisions of this section are in conflict with the provisions of a memorandum of understanding reached pursuant to Chapter 12 (commencing with Section 3560) of Division 4 of Title 1, the memorandum of understanding shall be controlling without further legislative action, except that if those provisions of a memorandum of understanding require the expenditure of funds, the provisions shall not become effective unless approved by the Legislature in the annual Budget Act.
(Amended by Stats. 2015, Ch. 303, Sec. 185. Effective January 1, 2016.)Section: 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 Next
Last modified: July 19, 2016