67480. (a) (1) The California State University, Channel Islands Site Authority Fund is hereby created in the State Treasury, to be administered by the authority. Notwithstanding Section 13340, all moneys in the fund are continuously appropriated to the authority without regard to fiscal years for the purposes of this title.
(2) All capital plans for the university portion of the site that are proposed to be funded through moneys in the fund shall be included in the annual five-year Capital Outlay Program report of the California State University that is submitted to the Legislature and the Governor each year.
(b) The authority may pledge any or all of the moneys in the fund as security for payment of the principal of, and interest on, any particular issuance of bonds pursuant to this title.
(c) As necessary or convenient to accomplish any purpose of this title, the authority may divide the fund into separate accounts.
(d) All moneys accruing to the authority pursuant to this title from any source shall be deposited in the fund.
(e) (1) Subject to any priorities created by the pledge of particular moneys in the fund to secure any issuance of bonds of the authority, and to reasonable administrative costs incurred by the authority in implementing this title, all moneys in the fund, regardless of the source, shall be held in trust for the security and payment of bonds of the authority, and shall not be used or pledged for any other purpose while any bonds are outstanding and unpaid. Nothing in this subdivision shall be construed to limit the power of the authority to make loans with bond proceeds in accordance with the terms of the resolution authorizing the issuance of those bonds.
(2) Pursuant to any agreements with the holders of particular bonds pledging any particular assets, revenues, or moneys, the authority may create separate accounts in the fund to manage the assets, revenues, or moneys in the manner prescribed by the agreements.
(f) From time to time, the authority may direct the treasurer of the authority to do any of the following:
(1) Invest moneys in the fund that are not required for its current needs, including, but not limited to, proceeds from the sale of any bonds in eligible securities specified in Section 16430 or 53601 and designated by the authority, in the resolution authorizing the issuance of the bonds payable or secured by the moneys.
(2) Deposit moneys in the fund in interest-bearing accounts in state or national banks or other financial institutions having principal offices in the state.
(3) (A) Transfer moneys in the fund to the Surplus Money Investment Fund for investment pursuant to Article 4 (commencing with Section 16470) of Chapter 3 of Part 4 of Division 4 of Title 2 or Article 1 (commencing with Section 56300) of Chapter 4 of Part 1 of Division 2 of Title 5.
(B) Notwithstanding Section 16305.7, all interest or other earnings resulting from an investment or deposit pursuant to this subdivision shall be deposited in the fund.
(g) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (3) of subdivision (f), no moneys in the fund shall be subject to transfer to any other fund pursuant to any provision of Part 2 (commencing with Section 16300) of Division 4 of Title 2.
(Amended by Stats. 2009, Ch. 386, Sec. 27. Effective January 1, 2010. Section conditionally operative pursuant to Stats. 1998, Ch. 861, Sec. 5.)Section: Previous 67470 67471 67472 67473 67474 67475 67476 67477 67478 67479 67480
Last modified: September 9, 2016