67931. (a) The agency is the legal successor to the Monterey County Transportation Commission for all purposes, including those set forth in Part 11.5 (commencing with Section 99600) of Division 10 of the Public Utilities Code, and particularly Section 99638.
(b) The agency has all of the powers expressed or implied, necessary to carry out the intent of that Part 1.5, including the power of eminent domain and the power to preserve, acquire, construct, or improve any of the following:
(1) Rights-of-way for rail purposes.
(2) Rail terminals and stations.
(3) Rolling stock, including locomotives, passenger cars, and related rail equipment and facilities.
(4) Grade separation and other improvements along rail rights-of-way for rail purposes.
(5) Rail maintenance facilities.
(6) Other capital facilities deemed necessary for a rail service, including soundwalls.
(c) The agency may contract for the operation of rail service in Monterey County and for connections with rail service in adjacent and neighboring counties and cities.
(Amended by Stats. 1995, Ch. 91, Sec. 58. Effective January 1, 1996.)Section: Previous 67930 67931
Last modified: September 9, 2016