CHAPTER 12.75 - Residential Real Property | Califonrnia Government Code - GOV | Section 7060.
7060. (a) No public entity, as defined in Section 811.2, shall, by statute, ordinance, or regulation, or by administrative action implementing any statute, ordinance or regulation, compel the owner of any residential real property to offer, or to continue to offer, accommodations in the property for rent or lease, except for guestrooms or efficiency units within a residential hotel, as defined in Section 50519 of the Health and Safety Code, if the residential hotel meets all of the following conditions:
(1) The residential hotel is located in a city and county, or in a city with a population of over 1,000,000.
(2) The residential hotel has a permit of occupancy issued prior to January 1, 1990.
(3) The residential hotel did not send a notice of intent to withdraw the accommodations from rent or lease pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 7060.4 that was delivered to the public entity prior to January 1, 2004.
(b) For the purposes of this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) Accommodations means either of the following:
(A) The residential rental units in any detached physical structure containing four or more residential rental units.
(B) With respect to a detached physical structure containing three or fewer residential rental units, the residential rental units in that structure and in any other structure located on the same parcel of land, including any detached physical structure specified in subparagraph (A).
(2) Disabled means a person with a disability, as defined in Section 12955.3 of the Government Code.
(Amended by Stats. 2003, Ch. 766, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2004.)Section: 7060 7060.1 7060.2 7060.3 7060.4 7060.5 7060.6 7060.7 Next
Last modified: July 19, 2016