California Health and Safety Code Section 11378
Legal Research Home >
California Laws > Health and Safety Code > California Health and Safety Code Section 11378
11378. Except as otherwise provided in Article 7 (commencing with
Section 4110) of Chapter 9 of Division 2 of the Business and
Professions Code, a person who possesses for sale a controlled
substance that meets any of the following criteria shall be punished
by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 of the
(1) The substance is classified in Schedule III, IV, or V and is
not a narcotic drug, except the substance specified in subdivision
(g) of Section 11056.
(2) The substance is specified in subdivision (d) of Section
11054, except paragraphs (13), (14), (15), (20), (21), (22), and (23)
of subdivision (d).
(3) The substance is specified in paragraph (11) of subdivision
(c) of Section 11056.
(4) The substance is specified in paragraph (2) or (3) of
subdivision (f) of Section 11054.
(5) The substance is specified in subdivision (d), (e), or (f),
except paragraph (3) of subdivision (e) and subparagraphs (A) and (B)
of paragraph (2) of subdivision (f), of Section 11055.
Last modified: March 17, 2014