CHAPTER 9 - Containment and Storage | Califonrnia Health and Safety Code - HSC | Section 118286.
118286. (a) A person shall not knowingly place home-generated sharps waste in any of the following containers:
(1) Any container used for the collection of solid waste, recyclable materials, or greenwaste.
(2) Any container used for the commercial collection of solid waste or recyclable materials from business establishments.
(3) Any roll-off container used for the collection of solid waste, construction, and demolition debris, greenwaste, or other recyclable materials.
(b) Home-generated sharps waste shall be transported only in a sharps container, or other containers approved by the enforcement agency, and shall only be managed at any of the following:
(1) A household hazardous waste facility pursuant to Section 25218.13.
(2) A home-generated sharps consolidation point as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 117904.
(3) A medical waste generator s facility pursuant to Section 118147.
(4) A facility through the use of a medical waste mail-back container approved by the United States Postal Service.
(Amended by Stats. 2014, Ch. 564, Sec. 77. Effective January 1, 2015.)Section: Previous 118275 118280 118285 118286 118290 118295 118300 118305 118307 118310 118315 118320 Next
Last modified: July 19, 2016