California Health and Safety Code Section 118286
Legal Research Home >
California Laws > Health and Safety Code > California Health and Safety Code Section 118286
118286. (a) On or after September 1, 2008, no person shall
knowingly place home-generated sharps waste in any of the following
(1) Any container used for the collection of solid waste,
recyclable materials, or greenwaste.
(2) Any container used for the commercial collection of solid
waste or recyclable materials from business establishments.
(3) Any roll-off container used for the collection of solid waste,
construction, and demolition debris, greenwaste, or other recyclable
(b) On or after September 1, 2008, home-generated sharps waste
shall be transported only in a sharps container, or other containers
approved by the enforcement agency, and shall only be managed at any
of the following:
(1) A household hazardous waste facility pursuant to Section
(2) A "home-generated sharps consolidation point" as defined in
subdivision (b) of Section 117904.
(3) A medical waste generator's facility pursuant to Section
(4) A facility through the use of a medical waste mail-back
container approved by the department pursuant to subdivision (b) of
Last modified: March 17, 2014