California Penal Code Section 519
519. Fear, such as will constitute extortion, may be induced by a threat of any of the following:
1. To do an unlawful injury to the person or property of the individual threatened or of a third person.
2. To accuse the individual threatened, or a relative of his or her, or a member of his or her family, of a crime.
3. To expose, or to impute to him, her, or them a deformity, disgrace, or crime.
4. To expose a secret affecting him, her, or them.
5. To report his, her, or their immigration status or suspected immigration status.
(Amended by Stats. 2014, Ch. 71, Sec. 123. Effective January 1, 2015.)Section: Previous 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 Next
Last modified: September 9, 2016