California Probate Code Section 2504

2504. Court approval is required for the compromise or settlement of any of the following:

(a) A claim for the support, maintenance, or education of (1) the ward or conservatee, or (2) a person whom the ward or conservatee is legally obligated to support, maintain, or educate, against any other person (including, but not limited to, the spouse or parent of the ward or the spouse, domestic partner, parent, or adult child of the conservatee).

(b) A claim of the ward or conservatee for wrongful death.

(c) A claim of the ward or conservatee for physical or nonphysical harm to the person.

(Amended by Stats. 2001, Ch. 893, Sec. 36. Effective January 1, 2002.)

Section: Previous  2500  2501  2502  2503  2504  2505  2506  2507    Next

Last modified: September 9, 2016