Illinois Compiled Statutes 410 ILCS 39 Restroom Access Act. Section 10
(410 ILCS 39/10)
Sec. 10. Retail establishment; customer access to restroom facilities. A retail establishment that has a toilet facility for its employees shall allow a customer to use that facility during normal business hours if the toilet facility is reasonably safe and all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The customer requesting the use of the employee
toilet facility suffers from an eligible medical condition or utilizes an ostomy device.
(2) Three or more employees of the retail
establishment are working at the time the customer requests use of the employee toilet facility.
(3) The retail establishment does not normally make a
restroom available to the public.
(4) The employee toilet facility is not located in an
area where providing access would create an obvious health or safety risk to the customer or an obvious security risk to the retail establishment.
(5) A public restroom is not immediately accessible
to the customer.
(Source: P.A. 94-450, eff. 8-4-05.)
Speak with a Lawyer in Illinois
Last modified: March 18, 2014