Indiana Code - Criminal Law and Procedure - Title 35, Section 35-33.5-2-4
Legal Research Home >
Indiana Law > Criminal Law and Procedure > Indiana Code - Criminal Law and Procedure - Title 35, Section 35-33.5-2-4
Reports to legislative council on warrants or extensions granted;
reports on arrests or convictions
Sec. 4. (a) Not later than December 31 of each year, a prosecuting
attorney who during that year:
(1) has received a warrant or an extension; or
(2) represents a county in which an arrest or a conviction has
occurred as the result of the warrant or extension;
shall report in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6 the information
described in subsection (b) to the legislative council.
(b) A prosecuting attorney shall report the following information
under subsection (a):
(1) The information required in section 5 of this chapter.
(2) The number of arrests resulting from an interception made
under a warrant or extension and the designated offense for
which each arrest was made.
(3) The number of charges filed as a result of an interception.
(4) The number of motions to suppress made with respect to an
interception and the number of motions granted or denied.
(5) The number of convictions resulting from an interception,
the designated offense for which each conviction was obtained,
and a general assessment of the importance of interception in
obtaining the convictions.
(6) A general description of the interceptions made under a
warrant or an extension, including the following:
(A) The approximate nature and frequency of incriminating
(B) The approximate nature and frequency of other
(C) The approximate number of persons whose
communications were intercepted.
(D) The approximate nature, amount, and cost of manpower
and other resources used in relation to the interceptions.
As added by P.L.161-1990, SEC.3. Amended by P.L.28-2004,
Last modified: May 25, 2006