Indiana Code - Criminal Law and Procedure - Title 35, Section 35-45-6-1
Legal Research Home >
Indiana Law > Criminal Law and Procedure > Indiana Code - Criminal Law and Procedure - Title 35, Section 35-45-6-1
Sec. 1. As used in this chapter:
"Documentary material" means any document, drawing,
photograph, recording, or other tangible item containing compiled
data from which information can be either obtained or translated into
a usable form.
(1) a sole proprietorship, corporation, limited liability company,
partnership, business trust, or governmental entity; or
(2) a union, an association, or a group, whether a legal entity or
merely associated in fact.
"Pattern of racketeering activity" means engaging in at least two
(2) incidents of racketeering activity that have the same or similar
intent, result, accomplice, victim, or method of commission, or that
are otherwise interrelated by distinguishing characteristics that are
not isolated incidents. However, the incidents are a pattern of
racketeering activity only if at least one (1) of the incidents occurred
after August 31, 1980, and if the last of the incidents occurred within
five (5) years after a prior incident of racketeering activity.
"Racketeering activity" means to commit, to attempt to commit,
to conspire to commit a violation of, or aiding and abetting in a
violation of any of the following:
(1) A provision of IC 23-2-1, or of a rule or order issued under
(2) A violation of IC 35-45-9.
(3) A violation of IC 35-47.
(4) A violation of IC 35-49-3.
(5) Murder (IC 35-42-1-1).
(6) Battery as a Class C felony (IC 35-42-2-1).
(7) Kidnapping (IC 35-42-3-2).
(8) Child exploitation (IC 35-42-4-4).
(9) Robbery (IC 35-42-5-1).
(10) Carjacking (IC 35-42-5-2).
(11) Arson (IC 35-43-1-1).
(12) Burglary (IC 35-43-2-1).
(13) Theft (IC 35-43-4-2).
(14) Receiving stolen property (IC 35-43-4-2).
(15) Forgery (IC 35-43-5-2).
(16) Fraud (IC 35-43-5-4(1) through IC 35-43-5-4(9)).
(17) Bribery (IC 35-44-1-1).
(18) Official misconduct (IC 35-44-1-2).
(19) Conflict of interest (IC 35-44-1-3).
(20) Perjury (IC 35-44-2-1).
(21) Obstruction of justice (IC 35-44-3-4).
(22) Intimidation (IC 35-45-2-1).
(23) Promoting prostitution (IC 35-45-4-4).
(24) Promoting professional gambling (IC 35-45-5-4).
(25) Dealing in or manufacturing cocaine, a narcotic drug, or
methamphetamine (IC 35-48-4-1).
(26) Dealing in a schedule I, II, or III controlled substance (IC
(27) Dealing in a schedule IV controlled substance (IC
(28) Dealing in a schedule V controlled substance (IC
(29) Dealing in marijuana, hash oil, or hashish (IC 35-48-4-10).
(30) Money laundering (IC 35-45-15-5).
(31) A violation of IC 35-47.5-5.
As added by Acts 1980, P.L.199, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.190-1984,
SEC.1; P.L.180-1991, SEC.10; P.L.230-1993, SEC.4; P.L.8-1993,
SEC.511; P.L.112-1998, SEC.1; P.L.17-2001, SEC.16;
Last modified: May 25, 2006