Damage of property used for religious or educational purposes, for burial or memorializing dead or as community center; damage of property contained therein. Unless a greater penalty is provided by law, a person who knowingly vandalizes, places graffiti on, defaces or otherwise damages:
1. Any church, synagogue or other building, structure or place used for religious worship or other religious purpose;
2. Any cemetery, mortuary or other facility used for the purpose of burial or memorializing the dead;
3. Any school, educational facility or community center;
4. The grounds adjacent to, and owned or rented by, any institution, facility, building, structure or place described in subsection 1, 2 or 3; or
5. Any personal property contained in any institution, facility, building, structure or place described in subsection 1, 2 or 3,
Êis guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
Last modified: February 25, 2006