Nevada Revised Statutes Section 704.033 - Energy - Public Utilities
Levy and collection; limitations.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 6, the Commission shall levy and collect an annual assessment from all public utilities, providers of discretionary natural gas service and alternative sellers subject to the jurisdiction of the Commission.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsections 3 and 4, the annual assessment must be:
(a) For the use of the Commission, not more than 3.50 mills; and
(b) For the use of the Consumerís Advocate, not more than 0.75 mills,
on each dollar of gross operating revenue derived from the intrastate operations of such utilities, providers of discretionary natural gas service and alternative sellers in the State of Nevada. The total annual assessment must be not more than 4.25 mills.
3. The levy for the use of the Consumerís Advocate must not be assessed against railroads.
4. The minimum assessment in any 1 year must be $100.
5. The gross operating revenue of the utilities must be determined for the preceding calendar year. In the case of:
(a) Telephone utilities, except as provided in paragraph (c), the revenue shall be deemed to be all intrastate revenues.
(b) Railroads, the revenue shall be deemed to be the revenue received only from freight and passenger intrastate movements.
(c) All public utilities, providers of discretionary natural gas service and alternative sellers, the revenue does not include the proceeds of any commodity, energy or service furnished to another public utility, provider of discretionary natural gas service or alternative seller for resale.
6. Providers of commercial mobile radio service are not subject to the annual assessment and, in lieu thereof, shall pay to the Commission an annual licensing fee of $200.
Last modified: February 26, 2006