Nevada Revised Statutes Section 435.230 - Mental Health
Requirements for centers; contents of application for and renewal of certificate of qualification. To qualify for the aid provided for by NRS 435.130 to 435.320, inclusive, a center must:
1. File an application with the Division for a certificate of qualification, which must include:
(a) The name and address of the center.
(b) The names, addresses and qualifications of the administrative personnel of the center.
(c) An outline of the educational, occupational and therapeutic program to be offered.
(d) The number of persons enrolled or expected.
(e) An affidavit that the center is nonsectarian and a nonprofit organization under the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 as amended, 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3).
(f) The number and qualifications of the staff.
(g) A complete and detailed proposed financial statement for the operations for the coming year.
(h) Any other information which the Division may require.
2. Each year after the original application is made under subsection 1, file an application for renewal of the certificate of qualification, which must contain:
(a) The information required by subsection 1.
(b) The total number of members of the staff, persons enrolled, and days of care and training that the center provided during the previous year.
(c) The number enrolled and days of care and training that the center provided during the previous year to those enrolled who qualify for aid under the terms of NRS 435.130 to 435.320, inclusive, and the standards established by the Division.
(d) A financial statement clearly showing all income received by the center during the previous year and the sources thereof.
(e) Any other information that the Division may require.
3. Be inspected by a member or authorized agent of the Division to determine whether the center’s facilities are proper and adequate.
4. Keep accurate records of daily attendance and establish uniform financial statements and bookkeeping procedures as prescribed by the Division.
5. Maintain standards not inconsistent with those required by NRS 435.130 to 435.320, inclusive, or established by the Division to qualify for money from other sources, such as United Fund and United States Government programs.
6. Before certifying an applicant for enrollment as mentally retarded or a person with a related condition, require:
(a) A documentary history of retarded overall functioning or the related condition; and
(b) Substantiation, through evaluation by a qualified diagnostic team.
7. Meet all other standards set by the Division.
Last modified: February 28, 2006