New Jersey Revised Statutes § 52:27i-20 - Definitions Relative To Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization.

52:27I-20 Definitions relative to Fort Monmouth economic revitalization.

3.The following words or terms as used in this act shall have the following meaning unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:

"Act" means the "Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority Act."

"Authority" means the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority established by section 4 of this act.

"Conditional use" means a use permitted within the project area only upon a showing that such use in a specified location will comply with the conditions and standards for the location or operation of such use as contained in the development and design guidelines or land use regulations adopted by the authority, and upon the issuance of an authorization therefor by the planning board.

"County" means Monmouth County.

"County planning board" means the Monmouth County planning board.

"Density" means the permitted number of dwelling units per gross area of land to be developed.

"Designated redevelopment agreement" means the redevelopment agreement to be entered into by and between the authority and the EDA as provided in this act for properties within the project area acquired by the authority.

"Development and design guidelines" means the development and design guidelines to be adopted by the authority pursuant to this act, as revised or amended as provided in this act, which when adopted shall apply to all applications for subdivision or site plan approval within the project area and shall supersede the zoning ordinances and land use regulations of the host municipalities and the county with respect to the project area.

"EDA" means the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, established pursuant to section 4 of P.L.1974, c.80 (C.34:1B-4).

"Federal government" means the United States of America, and any officer, department, board, commission, bureau, division, corporation, agency or instrumentality thereof, including, but not limited to, the United States Department of Defense and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.

"Floor area ratio" means the sum of the area of all floors of buildings or structures compared to the total area of the site.

"Fort Monmouth" means the federally owned or operated military installation located in the municipalities of Eatontown, Oceanport, and Tinton Falls in the county that, as of May 13, 2005, was functioning, but was scheduled for closure by recommendation of the federal Base Realignment and Closure Commission issued on that date, including any facilities, real property and improvements, infrastructure and appurtenances and personal property.

"Homeless assistance submission" means the homeless assistance submission submitted to the United States Department of Defense and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development on September 4, 2008 required under the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Act of 1990, Pub.L.101-510 (10 U.S.C. s.2687).

"Host municipality" means the municipality of Eatontown, Oceanport or Tinton Falls.

"Land use regulations" means the regulations to be adopted by the authority pursuant to this act, revised or amended as provided in this act, which when adopted shall apply to all applications for subdivision or site plan approval within the project area and shall supersede the zoning ordinances and land use regulations of the host municipalities and the county with respect to the project area.

"Master plan" or "plan" or "revitalization plan" means the comprehensive conversion and revitalization plan and the homeless assistance submission prepared and adopted by the predecessor authority and entitled "Fort Monmouth Reuse and Redevelopment Plan" submitted to the United States Department of Defense and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development on September 4, 2008, pursuant to section 14 of P.L.2006, c.16 (C.52:27I-14), as accepted by the federal government, and as may be amended, revised, or modified as provided in this act.

"Minor subdivision" means "minor subdivision" as defined in section 3.2 of P.L.1975, c.291 (C.40:55D-5).

"Nonconforming use" means a legal or pre-existing use or activity which fails to conform to the development and design guidelines or land use regulations adopted by the authority.

"Planning board" means the planning board of a host municipality.

"Predecessor authority" means the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Planning Authority established pursuant to section 4 of P.L.2006, c.16 (C.52:27I-4), repealed by this act.

"Project area" means that area encompassed by the metes and bounds of Fort Monmouth.

"Project parcel" means a portion of the project area that is the subject of a development or redevelopment project.

"Redevelopment" means clearance, replanning, development and redevelopment; the conservation and rehabilitation of any structure or improvement; the construction and provision for construction of residential, commercial, industrial, public or other structures or infrastructure; and the grant or dedication of spaces as may be appropriate or necessary in the interest of the general welfare for streets, utilities, parks, playgrounds, or other public purposes, including recreational and other facilities incidental or appurtenant thereto, in accordance with the approved Fort Monmouth Reuse and Redevelopment Plan submitted to the federal government, with the intent of supporting the economic revitalization of the region.

"Revitalization" means a comprehensive program of planning, conservation, rehabilitation, clearance, development and redevelopment, preservation, and historic restoration.

"Site Plan" means "site plan" as defined in section 3.4 of P.L.1975, c.291 (C.40:55D-7).

"Subdivision" means "subdivision" as defined in section 3.4 of P.L.1975, c.291 (C.40:55D-7).

"Variance" means permission to depart from the literal requirements of the master plan, the development and design guidelines adopted by the authority or the land use regulations adopted by the authority.

L.2010, c.51, s.3.

Section: Previous  52-27h-97  52-27i-8.1  52-27i-8.2  52-27i-14  52-27i-17  52-27i-18  52-27i-19  52-27i-20  52-27i-21  52-27i-22  52-27i-23  52-27i-24  52-27i-25  52-27i-26  52-27i-27  Next

Last modified: October 11, 2016