New York Limited Liability Company Law Section 1102 - Records.
1102. Records. (a) Each domestic limited liability company shall maintain the following records, which may, but need not, be maintained in this state:
(1) if the limited liability company is managed by a manager or managers, a current list of the full name set forth in alphabetical order and last known mailing address of each such manager;
(2) a current list of the full name set forth in alphabetical order and last known mailing address of each member together with the contribution and the share of profits and losses of each member or information from which such share can be readily derived;
(3) a copy of the articles of organization and all amendments thereto or restatements thereof, together with executed copies of any powers of attorney pursuant to which any certificate or amendment has been executed;
(4) a copy of the operating agreement, any amendments thereto and any amended and restated operating agreement; and
(5) a copy of the limited liability company's federal, state and local income tax or information returns and reports, if any, for the three most recent fiscal years.
(b) Any member may, subject to reasonable standards as may be set forth in, or pursuant to, the operating agreement, inspect and copy at his or her own expense, for any purpose reasonably related to the member's interest as a member, the records referred to in subdivision (a) of this section, any financial statements maintained by the limited liability company for the three most recent fiscal years and other information regarding the affairs of the limited liability company as is just and reasonable.
(c) If provided in the operating agreement, certain members or managers shall have the right to keep confidential from other members for such period of time as such certain members or the managers deem reasonable, any information which such certain members or the managers reasonably believe to be in the nature of trade secrets or other information the disclosure of which such certain members or the managers in good faith believe is not in the best interest of the limited liability company or its business or which the limited liability company is required by law or by agreement with a third party to keep confidential.
(d) A limited liability company may maintain its records in other than a written form if such form is capable of conversion into written form within a reasonable time.
Section: Previous 1101 1102 1103 1104 Next
Last modified: September 11, 2016