North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 108B Community Action Programs
Legal Research Home >
North Carolina Lawyer
Article 1 - [Reserved.]
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108B-1 through 108B-20. Reserved for future codification purposes
Article 2 - Community Action Partnership Act.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108B-21. Short title
This Article may be cited as the Community Action Partnership Act. (1983 (Reg. Sess., 1984), c. 1034, s. 111.1.; 1989 (Reg. Sess., 1990), c. 1004,...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108B-22. Purpose
It is the purpose of this Article to provide financial assistance to Community Action Agencies and Limited Purpose Agencies (hereinafter referred to as "agency" or...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108B-23. Designation of administering agency powers and responsibilities
(a) For purposes of this Article, "Department" means the Department of Health and Human Services and "Secretary" means the Secretary of Health and Human Services....
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108B-24. Designation of eligible agencies
The Secretary shall designate agencies to fulfill the requirements of this Article in the service areas governed by one or more units of local government....
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108B-25. Activities of Community Action Agency
Agencies shall serve as the local catalyst for the reduction of the causes, conditions, and effects of poverty and shall provide social and economic opportunities...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108B-26. Organization and authority
(a) Agencies, as provided in G.S. 108B‑24 shall have or be required to establish a governing board of directors which shall consist of not less...
Last modified: February 21, 2012