North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 168 Persons with Disabilities
Legal Research Home >
North Carolina Lawyer
Article 1 - Rights.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-1. Purpose and definition
The State shall encourage and enable persons with disabilities to participate fully in the social and economic life of the State and to engage in...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-2. Right of access to and use of public places
Persons with disabilities have the same right as persons without disabilities to the full and free use of the streets, highways, sidewalks, walkways, public buildings,...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-3. Right to use of public conveyances, accommodations, etc
Persons with disabilities are entitled to accommodations, advantages, facilities, and privileges of all common carriers, airplanes, motor vehicles, railroad trains, motor buses, streetcars, boats, or...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-4, 168-4.1. Repealed by Session Laws 1985, c. 514, s. 1
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-4.2. May be accompanied by service animal
(a) Every person with a disability has the right to be accompanied by a service animal trained to assist the person with his or her...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-4.3. Training and registration of service animal
The Department of Health and Human Services, shall adopt rules for the registration of service animals and shall issue registrations to a person with a...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-4.4. Responsibility for service animal
Neither a person with a disability who is accompanied by a service animal, nor a person who is training a service animal, may be required...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-4.5. Penalty
It is unlawful to disguise an animal as a service animal or service animal in training. It is unlawful to deprive a person with a...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-4.6. Donation of dogs for training
Dogs impounded by a local dog warden that are not redeemed shall be donated to a nonprofit agency engaged in the training of service dogs,...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-5. Repealed by Session Laws 2005-450, s. 1, effective September 1, 2005
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-6. Repealed by Session Laws 1985, c. 571, s. 3
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-7, 168-7.1. Repealed by Session Laws 1985, c. 514, s. 1
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-8. Right to habilitation and rehabilitation services
A person with a disability shall be entitled to such habilitation and rehabilitation services as available and needed for the development or restoration of their...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-9. Right to housing
Each person with a disability who is a citizen shall have the same right as any other citizen to live and reside in residential communities,...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-10. Eliminate discrimination in treatment of persons with disabilities
Each person with a disability shall have the same consideration as any other person for individual accident and health insurance coverage, and no insurer, service...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-11. Reserved for future codification purposes
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-12. Reserved for future codification purposes
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-13. Reserved for future codification purposes
Article 2 - Vocational Rehabilitation.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-14. Vocational rehabilitation services for deaf persons
The Department of Health and Human Services shall promote the employment of deaf persons in this State. The Department shall assist deaf persons whose disability...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-15 through 168-19. Reserved for future codification purposes
Article 3 - Family Care Homes.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-20. Public policy
The General Assembly has declared in Article 1 of this Chapter that it is the public policy of this State to provide persons with disabilities...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-21. Definitions
As used in this Article: (1) "Family care home" means a home with support and supervisory personnel that provides room and board, personal care and...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-22. Family care home; zoning and other purposes
(a) A family care home shall be deemed a residential use of property for zoning purposes and shall be a permissible use in all residential...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 168-23. Certain private agreements void
Any restriction, reservation, condition, exception, or covenant in any subdivision plan, deed, or other instrument of or pertaining to the transfer, sale, lease, or use...
Last modified: February 21, 2012