North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 1B Contribution
Legal Research Home >
North Carolina Lawyer
Article 1 - Uniform Contribution among Tort-Feasors Act.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-1. Right to contribution
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this Article, where two or more persons become jointly or severally liable in tort for the same injury...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-2. Pro rata shares
In determining the pro rata shares of tort-feasors in the entire liability (1) Their relative degree of fault shall not be considered; (2) If...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-3. Enforcement
(a) Whether or not judgment has been entered in an action against two or more tort-feasors for the same injury or wrongful death, contribution...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-4. Release or covenant not to sue
When a release or a covenant not to sue or not to enforce judgment is given in good faith to one of two or...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-5. Uniformity of interpretation
This Article shall be so interpreted and construed as to effectuate its general purpose to make uniform the law of those states that enact...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-6. Short title
This Article may be cited as the Uniform Contribution among Tort-Feasors Act. (1967, c. 847, s. 1.)
Article 2 - Judgment against Joint Obligors or Joint Tort-Feasors.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-7. Payment of judgment by one of several
(a) In all cases in the courts of this State wherein judgment has been, or may hereafter be, rendered against two or more persons...
Article 3 - Cross Claims and Joinder of Third Parties for Contribution.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1B-8. Repealed by Session Laws 1969, c. 895, s. 19
Last modified: March 23, 2014