North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 48A Minors
Legal Research Home >
North Carolina Lawyer
Article 1 - Age of Majority.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-1. Common-law definition of "minor" abrogated
The common‑law definition of minor insofar as it pertains to the age of the minor is hereby repealed and abrogated. (1971, c. 585, s. 1;...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-2. Age of minors
A minor is any person who has not reached the age of 18 years. (1971, c. 585, s. 1; 2003‑207, s. 1.)
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-3. Statute of limitations; applicability
For purposes of determining the applicability of the statute of limitations which has been tolled because of minority or for purposes of determining the applicable...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-4 through 48A-10. Reserved for future codification purposes
Article 2 - Certain Contracts of Minors.
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-11. Applicability
This Article applies to any of the following contracts entered into between an unemancipated minor and any third party or parties: (1) A contract pursuant...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-12. No disaffirmance if approved by superior court
(a) A contract, otherwise valid, of a type described in G.S. 48A‑11, entered into during minority, cannot be disaffirmed on that ground either during the...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-13. Copies of certain documents to be provided
A parent or guardian, as the case may be, entitled to the physical custody, care, and control of a minor, who enters into a contract...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-14. Financial safeguards in court orders approving contracts
(a) Notwithstanding any other statute, in an order approving a minor's contract of a type described in G.S. 48A‑11, the court shall require that fifteen...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-15. Financial safeguards when no court order
(a) Notwithstanding any other statute, for any minor's contract of a type described in G.S. 48A‑11 that is not being submitted for approval by the...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-16. Trust to be established
(a) The trustee or trustees shall establish a trust pursuant to this section at a bank, savings and loan institution, credit union, brokerage firm, or...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-17. Talent agency contracts
(a) As used in this Article, the term "talent agency" means a person or corporation who engages in the occupation of procuring, offering, promising, or...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 48A-18. Disaffirmance of talent agency contracts
A minor cannot disaffirm a contract, otherwise valid, entered into during minority, either during the actual minority of the minor entering into the contract or...
Last modified: February 21, 2012