North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 99 Libel and Slander
Legal Research Home >
North Carolina Lawyer
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 99-1. Libel against newspaper; defamation by or through radio or television station; notice before action
(a) Before any action, either civil or criminal, is brought for the publication, in a newspaper or periodical, of a libel, the plaintiff or...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 99-2. Effect of publication or broadcast in good faith and retraction
(a) If it appears upon the trial that said article was published in good faith, that its falsity was due to an honest mistake...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 99-3. Anonymous communications
The two preceding sections [G.S. 99-1 and 99-2] shall not apply to anonymous communications and publications. (1901, c. 557, s. 3; Rev., s. 2014;...
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 99-4. Repealed by Session Laws 1975, c. 402
- N.C. Gen. Stat. § 99-5. Negligence in permitting defamatory statements by others essential to liability of operator, etc., of broadcasting station
The owner, licensee or operator of a visual or sound radio broadcasting station or network of stations, and the agents or employees of any...
Last modified: March 23, 2014