(1) Not less than 10 days before the commencement of a jury service term in a county, a term jury list containing names selected at random from the master jury list shall be prepared at the direction of the presiding judge for the judicial district or clerk of court.
(2) The number of names placed on a term jury list shall be determined by the presiding judge or clerk of court according to the projected need for grand jurors and trial jurors in the circuit court in the county for the term.
(3) A term jury list shall contain the first name, the surname, the place of residence and, if assigned, the juror identification number of each person whose name is placed thereon.
(4) A term jury list shall be certified by the clerk of court and placed on file in the circuit court as soon as possible after it is prepared.
(5) Not less than 10 days before the commencement of a jury service term, the clerk of court shall summon the persons whose names are placed on the term jury list by giving written notice to each of them by mail. [1985 c.703 §14; 1995 c.781 §25]Section: Previous 10.140 10.150 10.160 10.205 10.210 10.215 10.220 10.225 10.230 10.235 10.240 10.245 10.250 10.255 10.260 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008