Oregon Statutes - Chapter 166 - Offenses Against Public Order; Firearms and Other Weapons; Racketeering - Section 166.210 - Definitions.
As used in ORS 166.250 to 166.270, 166.291 to 166.295 and 166.410 to 166.470:
(1) “Antique firearm” means:
(a) Any firearm, including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system, manufactured in or before 1898; and
(b) Any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (a) of this subsection if the replica:
(A) Is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or
(B) Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and that is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
(2) “Corrections officer” has the meaning given that term in ORS 181.610.
(3) “Firearm” means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder and which is readily capable of use as a weapon.
(4) “Firearms silencer” means any device for silencing, muffling or diminishing the report of a firearm.
(5) “Handgun” means any pistol or revolver using a fixed cartridge containing a propellant charge, primer and projectile, and designed to be aimed or fired otherwise than from the shoulder.
(6) “Machine gun” means a weapon of any description by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, which is designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device.
(7) “Minor” means a person under 18 years of age.
(8) “Offense” has the meaning given that term in ORS 161.505.
(9) “Parole and probation officer” has the meaning given that term in ORS 181.610.
(10) “Peace officer” has the meaning given that term in ORS 133.005.
(11) “Short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches.
(12) “Short-barreled shotgun” means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches. [Amended by 1977 c.769 §1; 1979 c.779 §3; 1989 c.839 §1; 1993 c.735 §14; 1995 c.670 §3; 1999 c.1040 §2; 2001 c.666 §§32,44; 2003 c.614 §7; 2007 c.368 §1]Section: Previous 166.172 166.173 166.174 166.175 166.176 166.180 166.190 166.210 166.220 166.230 166.240 166.245 166.250 166.260 166.262 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008