Oregon Statutes - Chapter 171 - State Legislature - Section 171.740 - Lobbyist registration; contents of statement.
(1) Within three business days after exceeding the limit of time or expenditure specified in ORS 171.735 (4), a lobbyist shall register with the Oregon Government Ethics Commission by filing with the commission a statement containing the following information:
(a) The name, address and telephone number of the lobbyist.
(b) The name, address and telephone number of each person that employs the lobbyist or in whose interest the lobbyist appears or works.
(c) A general description of the trade, business, profession or area of endeavor of any person designated under paragraph (b) of this subsection, and a statement by the person that the lobbyist is officially authorized to lobby for the person.
(d) The name of any member of the Legislative Assembly employed, retained or otherwise compensated by:
(A) The lobbyist designated under paragraph (a) of this subsection; or
(B) A person designated under paragraph (b) of this subsection.
(e) The general subject or subjects of the legislative action of interest to the person for whom the lobbyist is registered.
(2) The designation of official authorization to lobby shall be signed by an official of each person that employs the lobbyist or in whose interest the lobbyist appears or works.
(3) A lobbyist must file a separate registration statement under this section for each person that employs the lobbyist or in whose interest the lobbyist appears or works. If a lobbyist appears or works for a person for whom the lobbyist has not registered, the lobbyist shall register with the commission not later than three business days after the day the lobbyist first appears or works for the person.
(4) If any of the information submitted by a lobbyist in the statement required under subsection (1) of this section changes, the lobbyist shall revise the statement within 30 days of the change.
(5) A lobbyist registration expires December 31 of an odd-numbered year. If a lobbyist renews the registration before March 31 of the following even-numbered year, the commission shall consider the registration to have been effective as of December 31 of the odd-numbered year on which the registration expired.
(6) For the statement required by this section, an entity comprised of more than one lobbyist may file one statement for the lobbyists who comprise the entity. The statement the entity files must include the names of the individuals authorized to lobby on behalf of the client listed in the statement. [1973 c.802 §4; 1974 c.72 §28; 1975 c.747 §3; 1987 c.566 §3; 1993 c.714 §2; 2001 c.751 §4; 2007 c.877 §6c]Section: Previous 171.709 171.710 171.713 171.715 171.725 171.730 171.735 171.740 171.743 171.745 171.750 171.752 171.755 171.756 171.760 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008