Oregon Statutes - Chapter 265 - Cemetery Maintenance Districts
Legal Research Home >
- 265.005 “District” defined.
As used in this chapter, “district” means a cemetery maintenance district organized under this chapter. [2003 c.802 §89]
- 265.010 Formation; filing boundary change with county assessor and Department of Revenue.
(1) A cemetery maintenance district may be formed in the manner provided by this chapter. (2) For purposes of ad valorem taxation, a boundary change...
- 265.020 Area in which district may not be formed.
A cemetery maintenance district may be formed in an area aggregating not less than 4,000 acres in one body, or in an area of less...
- 265.030 [Repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 265.040 [Amended by 1967 c.609 §2; repealed by 1971 c.727 §191]
- 265.050 Board of directors; terms.
(1) The power and authority given a cemetery maintenance district shall be exercised by and through a board of directors, each member of which shall...
- 265.060 [Repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 265.070 [Amended by 1961 c.324 §1; repealed by 1971 c.647 §149]
- 265.075 Changing number of members of board of directors.
(1) At a meeting of the board of directors of a cemetery maintenance district, the board may change the number of directors to be elected...
- 265.080 [Repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 265.090 [Repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 265.100 Organization of board; terms of first directors.
(1) Within 10 days after issuance of their certificates of election, the directors elected as the first board of a district shall meet and organize...
- 265.110 [Amended by 1967 c.609 §3; 1969 c.669 §5; 1971 c.647 §50; 1973 c.796 §23; 1975 c.647 §27; repealed by 1983 c.350 §331a]
- 265.120 Special elections.
The directors at any regular meeting may call a special election of the electors of the district. [Amended by 1971 c.647 §51]
- 265.130 Meetings of board; officers.
(1) The directors shall hold meetings at such time and place within the district as they may determine upon. They shall hold at least one...
- 265.135 Application of ORS chapter 255 to district.
(1) ORS chapter 255 governs the following: (a) The nomination and election of directors. (b) The conduct of district elections. (2) The electors may exercise...
- 265.140 Powers of district.
The board of directors shall transact all business pertinent to the affairs of a cemetery maintenance district. The district has the power: (1) To sue...
- 265.150 Disposition of district funds.
(1) All funds collected on behalf of the district through the levy of taxes, and all donations, contributions, bequests or equities, or from any other...
- 265.160 Interest on unpaid warrants.
All warrants for payment of any indebtedness of the cemetery maintenance district which are unpaid for want of funds shall bear interest at a rate...
- 265.170 [Repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 265.210 [1963 c.389 §1; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 265.220 [1963 c.389 §2; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 265.230 [1963 c.389 §3; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
Last modified: August 7, 2008