Oregon Statutes - Chapter 315 - Personal and Corporate Income or Excise Tax Credits - Section 315.507 - Electronic commerce in designated enterprise zone.
(1) A credit against the taxes that are otherwise due under ORS chapter 316 or, if the taxpayer is a corporation, under ORS chapter 317 or 318, shall be allowed to a taxpayer that is:
(a) A business firm engaged or preparing to engage in electronic commerce in an enterprise zone that has been approved for electronic commerce designation under ORS 285C.095; or
(b) A business firm engaged or preparing to engage in electronic commerce in a city that has been designated for electronic commerce under ORS 285C.100.
(2) The credit shall equal 25 percent of the investments made by the business firm in capital assets:
(a) Located in the area designated for electronic commerce;
(b) Used or constructed, installed or otherwise prepared for use in electronic commerce operations within the area designated for electronic commerce that are related to electronic commerce sales, customer service, order fulfillment, broadband infrastructure or other electronic commerce operations; and
(c)(A) During the period that commences when the firm becomes an authorized business firm under ORS 285C.140 and ends on the last day of the income or corporate excise tax year in which begins the first property tax year in which qualified property of the firm used in eligible electronic commerce activities is exempt from property taxation under ORS 285C.175; or
(B) During any income or corporate excise tax year in which begins a property tax year in which qualified property of the firm used in eligible electronic commerce operations is exempt from property taxation under ORS 285C.175.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, the credit must be claimed for the income or corporate excise tax year that is:
(a) The year in which the investment for which a credit is being claimed is made; and
(b) A year, all or part of which is described in subsection (2)(c) of this section.
(4) A credit allowed under this section for any one tax year may not exceed the lesser of $2 million or the tax liability of the taxpayer.
(5) Any tax credit otherwise allowable under this section that is not used by the taxpayer in a particular year may be carried forward and offset against the taxpayer’s tax liability for the next succeeding tax year. Any credit remaining unused in the next succeeding tax year may be carried forward and used in the second succeeding tax year, and likewise any credit not used in that second succeeding tax year may be carried forward and used in the third succeeding tax year, and any credit not used in that third succeeding tax year may be carried forward and used in the fourth succeeding tax year, and any credit not used in that fourth succeeding tax year may be carried forward and used in the fifth succeeding tax year, but may not be carried forward for any tax year thereafter.
(6) The credit allowed under this section is not in lieu of any depreciation or amortization deduction to which the taxpayer otherwise may be entitled under ORS chapter 316, 317 or 318 for the tax year.
(7) The taxpayer’s adjusted basis for determining gain or loss may not be further decreased by any amount of credit allowed under this section.
(8)(a) A nonresident shall be allowed the credit under this section in the proportion provided in ORS 316.117.
(b) If a change in the status of a taxpayer from resident to nonresident or from nonresident to resident occurs, the credit allowed under this section shall be determined in a manner consistent with ORS 316.117.
(c) If a change in the taxable year of a taxpayer occurs as described in ORS 314.085, or if the Department of Revenue terminates the taxpayer’s taxable year under ORS 314.440, the credit allowed under this section shall be prorated or computed in a manner consistent with ORS 314.085.
(9) As used in this section, “authorized business firm,” “business firm,” “electronic commerce” and “qualified property” have the meanings given those terms in ORS 285C.050. [2001 c.957 §8; 2003 c.65 §1; 2003 c.662 §64]Section: Previous 315.365 315.455 315.460 315.465 315.469 315.504 315.505 315.507 315.508 315.510 315.511 315.514 315.515 315.517 315.520 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008