Oregon Statutes - Chapter 315 - Personal and Corporate Income or Excise Tax Credits - Section 315.675 - Trust for Cultural Development Account contributions.
(1) As used in this section, “cultural organization” means an entity that is:
(a) Exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(b) Organized primarily for the purpose of producing, promoting or presenting the arts, heritage, programs and humanities to the public or organized primarily for identifying, documenting, interpreting and preserving cultural resources.
(2) A taxpayer shall be allowed a credit against the taxes otherwise due under ORS chapter 316 for amounts contributed during the tax year to the Trust for Cultural Development Account established under ORS 359.405.
(3) A taxpayer that is a corporation shall be allowed a credit against the taxes otherwise due under ORS chapter 317 or 318 for amounts contributed during the tax year to the Trust for Cultural Development Account established under ORS 359.405.
(4) The credit is allowable under this section only to the extent the taxpayer has contributed an equal amount to an Oregon cultural organization during the tax year.
(5) The amount of the credit shall equal 100 percent of the amount contributed to the Trust for Cultural Development Account, but may not exceed the lesser of the tax liability of the:
(a) Taxpayer under ORS chapter 316 for the tax year or $500.
(b) Taxpayer that is a corporation under ORS chapter 317 or 318 for the tax year or $2,500.
(6) The credit allowed under this section may not be carried over to another tax year.
(7) The credit allowed under this section is in addition to any charitable contribution deduction allowable to the taxpayer.
(8) In the case of a credit allowed under this section for purposes of ORS chapter 316:
(a) A nonresident shall be allowed the credit under this section in the proportion provided in ORS 316.117.
(b) If a change in the status of a taxpayer from resident to nonresident or from nonresident to resident occurs, the credit allowed under this section shall be determined in a manner consistent with ORS 316.117.
(c) A husband and wife who file separate returns for a taxable year may each claim a share of the tax credit that would have been allowed on a joint return in proportion to the contribution of each.
(d) If a change in the taxable year of a taxpayer occurs as described in ORS 314.085, or if the Department of Revenue terminates the taxpayer’s taxable year under ORS 314.440, the credit allowed under this section shall be prorated or computed in a manner consistent with ORS 314.085. [2001 c.954 §18]
Note: Section 19, chapter 954, Oregon Laws 2001, provides:
Sec. 19. Section 18 of this 2001 Act [315.675] applies to tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2002, and before January 1, 2013. [2001 c.954 §19]
_______________Section: Previous 315.570 315.575 315.580 315.585 315.590 315.604 315.610 315.613 315.616 315.619 315.622 315.624 315.628 315.631 315.675
Last modified: August 7, 2008